This is one of the poignant stories told by the Andex chart. Produced annually by MorningStar, the Andex depicts the major asset classes over the last nine decades, plotting results in relation to interest rates, recessions, presidencies, savings rates, consumer prices, unemployment rates, tax rates, population and much more.
We consider Andex to be the most meaningful pictures in the financial world for demonstrating the inescapable upward direction of markets over time. It’s great, too, for condensing so much data in one place in a reader-friendly way. Yes, the graph shows downturns, including the Great Recession, but with its very long time horizon, the Andex chart clearly shows that the steady march upward in security prices.
Just as important, it shows the huge impact that asset class choices make. Over a lifetime, stocks typically return much more than cash or bonds. And riskier stocks, notably those of small companies, typically return much more than larger, less risky stocks. Getting the right allocation for you is so important. We welcome the opportunity to discuss yours anytime.
Own an Andex yourself
We’d love of you to have a copy of the Andex chart. It doesn’t scan well, so just send me an email with your postal mailing address and I’ll put it in the mail to you right away. It’s there for you to enjoy and absorb.
John Osbon- firstname.lastname@example.org
- This communication may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” and “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements.”
- “Historical performance is not indicative of future results. The investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Past performance is not indicative of any specific investment or future results. Views regarding the economy, securities markets or other specialized areas, like all predictors of future events, cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and may result in economic loss to the investor.
- Investment strategies, philosophies, allocations and holdings are subject to change without prior notice.
- This communication is intended to provide general information only and should not be construed as an offer of specifically tailored individualized advice.
- While the Adviser believes the outside data sources cited to be credible, it has not independently verified the correctness of any of their inputs or calculations and, therefore, does not warranty the accuracy of any third-party sources or information.
- Adviser does not endorse the statements, services or performance of any third-party vendor.
- Unless stated otherwise, any mention of specific securities or investments is for hypothetical and illustrative purposes only. Adviser’s clients may or may not hold the securities discussed in their portfolios. Adviser makes no representations that any of the securities discussed have been or will be profitable.