Citius, Altius, Fortius – (Faster, Higher, Stronger)
After months of training, we finally had the opportunity to compete at the RBC Decathlon this weekend. It was a blast, and all for a great cause.
First things first, a round of applause for the $1.4m raised for Memorial Sloan-Kettering cancer care and the enormously high standard set by the field of 150 competitors. Ex-St. Louis Ram Mark Rubin of Barclays won his 2nd consecutive title with an impressive showing. He was one of 5 ex-NFL players competing .
Another ringer on the field was Dan O’Brien, Olympic gold metal decathlete from the 1996 Atlanta Games, who raised over $100,000 when he surpassed his pull up target and hit 17 reps. It’s very clear that the event is getting more competitive each year as it attracts more attention.
Max’s performance in his marquee event, the 800m, earned him 2nd place overall in the event with a time of 2:12; one second behind the winning time. John hit many of his modern personal records with 7 pull ups, 14 dips, and 7 reps on the bench.
We had great coverage on Business Insider as the only father/son duo of the event: 40 Photos Of Ripped Wall Streeters
Max: 400m 55.47s, Football Throw 42yds, 40yd Dash 4.93s, Dips 39, 20yd Shuttle 4.68, Pull Ups 19, Vertical 30″, Rowing 1:29.60, Bench 175 15, 800m 2:12.23 (2nd Place)
John: 400m 1:19.27s, Football Throw 28yds, 40yd Dash 6.5s, Dips 14, 20yd Shuttle 5.84, Pull Ups 7, Vertical 19″, Rowing 1:42.00, Bench 175 7, 800m 3:43.11
Thanks to everyone who inspired us with their contributions. It’s not too late to make a donation for this wonderful cause in support of cancer research.
John’s Decathlon Page
Max’s Decathlon Page
Here are some photos:
Max’s Pullups (19 reps)
John with Dan O’Brien and the rest of the ‘Grey Wolves’
- This communication may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” and “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements.”
- “Historical performance is not indicative of future results. The investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Past performance is not indicative of any specific investment or future results. Views regarding the economy, securities markets or other specialized areas, like all predictors of future events, cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and may result in economic loss to the investor.
- Investment strategies, philosophies, allocations and holdings are subject to change without prior notice.
- This communication is intended to provide general information only and should not be construed as an offer of specifically tailored individualized advice.
- While the Adviser believes the outside data sources cited to be credible, it has not independently verified the correctness of any of their inputs or calculations and, therefore, does not warranty the accuracy of any third-party sources or information.
- Adviser does not endorse the statements, services or performance of any third-party vendor.
- Unless stated otherwise, any mention of specific securities or investments is for hypothetical and illustrative purposes only. Adviser’s clients may or may not hold the securities discussed in their portfolios. Adviser makes no representations that any of the securities discussed have been or will be profitable.