Where do you keep your most important information and documents? Are they secure, easy to access and available to share with others who need them? A new tool from Fidelity just made that whole issue much simpler and more convenient – for you and your family. Fidelity now lets you store, access and share digital copies of your family’s most important documents, at no cost. This is cloud computing at its best and most personal. Read on for simple next steps.
What it is
FidSafe is secure, free document storage service. It’s owned and operated by Fidelity, a big plus for privacy and security. FidSafe is a 5 gigabyte place in the cloud for your financial, legal and personal documents. Think of it as the 21st century update of a safe, a safety deposit box, all those folders of papers, all those pictures, and that letter with Grandma’s last wishes for her heirs. FidSafe is literally a place for everything important to your family.
What it does
FidSafe allows you to easily store your documents and access them when you need them. If you use FidSafe as designed, you’ll always be protected during emergencies, organized with digital backups, and assured that the information your family needs is secure and accessible. FidSafe is invaluable for legacy planning, financial planning and unexpected events that require quick access to documents.
Think of the possibilities. Adult children have access to their essential documents. You can share information with trusted contacts.
Going on a trip overseas? Check the expiration date on all those passports. Put the itinerary in FidSafe so family members know where you are and when.
Another example might be when your daughter applies for her first job in MA at age 14 and doesn’t know her Social Security number. You can find the 9 digits quickly, or maybe she can in her restricted information section of FidSafe.
With copies of the right documents in the right place at the right time the uses of FidSafe are almost endless.
You can use it now
FidSafe is easy and costs nothing. Go to the site www.fidsafe.com and start adding your documents. You can access FidSafe on the go via your mobile phone. State of the art security is built in with two factor identification.
We can help you with checklists of what to save. In addition, Osbon Capital clients can store documents with us on their Osbon Portal. We’re happy to be another helpful line for access to your important family information.
John Osbon – firstname.lastname@example.org
- This communication may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” and “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements.”
- “Historical performance is not indicative of future results. The investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Past performance is not indicative of any specific investment or future results. Views regarding the economy, securities markets or other specialized areas, like all predictors of future events, cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and may result in economic loss to the investor.
- Investment strategies, philosophies, allocations and holdings are subject to change without prior notice.
- This communication is intended to provide general information only and should not be construed as an offer of specifically tailored individualized advice.
- While the Adviser believes the outside data sources cited to be credible, it has not independently verified the correctness of any of their inputs or calculations and, therefore, does not warranty the accuracy of any third-party sources or information.
- Adviser does not endorse the statements, services or performance of any third-party vendor.
- Unless stated otherwise, any mention of specific securities or investments is for hypothetical and illustrative purposes only. Adviser’s clients may or may not hold the securities discussed in their portfolios. Adviser makes no representations that any of the securities discussed have been or will be profitable.