If I was asked to present the three or four most important ideas in investing and could only bring one sheet of paper with me, it would be no contest. I’d bring the Andex Chart from Morningstar.
I’m not sure how they managed to get so much market history onto one sheet of paper, but I’m glad they did. In fact, I keep a version pinned to the wall right behind my desk, so I can easily consult it. And I frequently do. With 85 years of historical market data summarized in a few powerful exhibits, this single sheet continually reminds me of what I need to know to help investors plan for their futures.
Have your very own
I’d like to share this great cheat sheet with you if you’d like to have it. Just send me an email with your postal mailing address and I’ll put it in the mail to you right away.
- This communication may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” and “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements.”
- “Historical performance is not indicative of future results. The investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Past performance is not indicative of any specific investment or future results. Views regarding the economy, securities markets or other specialized areas, like all predictors of future events, cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and may result in economic loss to the investor.
- Investment strategies, philosophies, allocations and holdings are subject to change without prior notice.
- This communication is intended to provide general information only and should not be construed as an offer of specifically tailored individualized advice.
- While the Adviser believes the outside data sources cited to be credible, it has not independently verified the correctness of any of their inputs or calculations and, therefore, does not warranty the accuracy of any third-party sources or information.
- Adviser does not endorse the statements, services or performance of any third-party vendor.
- Unless stated otherwise, any mention of specific securities or investments is for hypothetical and illustrative purposes only. Adviser’s clients may or may not hold the securities discussed in their portfolios. Adviser makes no representations that any of the securities discussed have been or will be profitable.