Over the weekend, Max and I participated in our favorite event of the year, the D10. It’s a decathlon for professionals from the financial industry and other fields. Dozens of us spent Saturday at the MIT track running, jumping, throwing and lifting. We love the competition and the cause. This year’s Boston event raised $100,000 for pediatric cancer.
This was Max’s sixth decathlon. This year, after strong showings all day, he put a giant exclamation point on the day by coming in 1st in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:28s. By event number ten everyone is pretty much exhausted, but Max didn’t get that memo. He also set a personal best in the football throw (44 yards).
As a proud elder statesman at the D10, I notched three personal best records in this, my fifth, decathlon: the vertical jump (22 inches), pullups (8) and dips (15). Full results Max Osbon – John Osbon.
Speed, strength and charity
With events in New York, Boston and other cities, the D10 Decathlon is closing in on $10 million raised since inception for the treatment and care of children with cancer. Boston’s event supports Dana Farber Pediatric Oncology group.
Kudos to Amanda Scavo as the top female decathlete. Once again, the women created drama and battled to the end. First place was decided by one point.
Congratulations to Thomas Randall as the top male decathlete and to Jim Norcott as the number one individual fundraiser.
- This communication may include forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements (including words such as “believe,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “may,” “will,” “should,” and “expect”). Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Various factors could cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements.”
- “Historical performance is not indicative of future results. The investment return will fluctuate with market conditions.
- Past performance is not indicative of any specific investment or future results. Views regarding the economy, securities markets or other specialized areas, like all predictors of future events, cannot be guaranteed to be accurate and may result in economic loss to the investor.
- Investment strategies, philosophies, allocations and holdings are subject to change without prior notice.
- This communication is intended to provide general information only and should not be construed as an offer of specifically tailored individualized advice.
- While the Adviser believes the outside data sources cited to be credible, it has not independently verified the correctness of any of their inputs or calculations and, therefore, does not warranty the accuracy of any third-party sources or information.
- Adviser does not endorse the statements, services or performance of any third-party vendor.
- Unless stated otherwise, any mention of specific securities or investments is for hypothetical and illustrative purposes only. Adviser’s clients may or may not hold the securities discussed in their portfolios. Adviser makes no representations that any of the securities discussed have been or will be profitable.